Pre-1933 Mint State US Gold & Silver CoinsDiversification and Value
If you are looking for the classic early gold and silver coins of the 19th and 20th Century, which made America great, consider this page carefully. I have included PCGS graded coins which range in quality from Mint State 62 through Mint State 67 because these grades have always been highly desired and offer solid value for the money.
7 Reasons Higher Grade Certified Gold and Silver Coins
Should Be Added to Your Bullion Position
1. High grade PCGS certified gold and silver coins are scarce, have wide general appeal and are historically important.
2. Higher grade PCGS certified gold and silver coins are universally traded both in this country and abroad. I mean great collectors, wealthy royalty and government treasuries all value United States gold pieces, and for good reason. They know these early gold coins remain valuable, represent true wealth and are immediately liquid in case you need cash.
3. There could be as many as 20 million collectors of early gold and silver coins already in place because they posses a strong psychological drive to own what is no longer available. So a large base which appreciates and wants to own gold coins struck before 1933 is already on the books.
4. The history behind these early gold coins makes them a part of America’s “golden era” of numismatics and the acclaimed designs are acknowledged as “classics”. An important consideration, even if you’re a “bottom line” type of investor. And because early gold pieces are dated you can easily wonder if the coin was part of a fabled gold rush, an old miner’s dream or a treasure hidden away by someone seeking safety in a world of unbacked paper currency.
5. Let’s discuss value. It’s not abstract, it is a function of demand, investor base, and intrinsic or weight component. There are other considerations like beauty, rarity, and affordability. All of which have a direct bearing on a gold coin’s worth. Now try to imagine all the factors that positively impact gold coin value and we believe that early 20th Century gold coins, certified PCGS MS63 satisfies many of these factors at a price investors and collectors can still afford.
6. Most Pre-1933 gold coins are either circulated or have been melted. And dealers believe that less than 1% of the total gold mintage during these years would qualify as uncirculated or better because the series was heavily used in commerce.
7. Both the gold and silver series has underperformed the broader bullion market but in the process has not been as volatile. If you are concerned about large gold and silver price swings this approach may provide the buyer with a blanket insurance policy and at the same time offer a better night’s sleep.
Three More Reasons Early US Certified Gold and Silver
Coins Make Investment Sense
1. The 90/10 Investment Rule. How many people out there are potentially interested in your investment as time goes on? In this case there are legions of people for only about 10% of the population now invests in gold or silver. That means 90% of the population is still available to drive prices higher especially in areas which offer scarcity.
2. All certified gold and silver coins are extremely portable and quietly moved at a moment’s notice. Whether the sum is large or small they present excellent liquidity in times of trouble which can be stored in a modest safe deposit box. Certified gold or silver coins need no maintenance or special care, but are handy very private and away from intervention.
3. Finally, for the contrarian investor I believe today’s pricing levels present a compelling value which should not be ignored. All the gold and silver certified coins listed are trading at substantial discounts to old highs. Many of the coins listed are trading at 50% or less of old highs and this factor alone will sooner or later make the “value” case.
But for the really astute trader consider this inside premium information. The lower the premium on these mint state gold coins the better value for investors. To better understand “premiums” consider that in 2002 a bullion owner could trade 20 ounces of gold for an 8 piece gold set – PCGS graded MS63.
Today that same bullion trader would only have to give up 6 ounces of bullion gold for the same set. That is an extraordinary imbalance in relative pricing. To put it another way – a bullion gold trader gets more than 3 times more material today in this trade than was possible in 2002. That alone should carry the day when considering any type of re-balancing of your gold holdings.
So if you are looking for a bargain with big upside – we believe this is one of the best on the market.
To learn more about earlier PCGS certified gold and silver coins call 1-800-225-7531. There is no obligation. We can talk about various dates and mint marks at length. And include the inside details behind these historical coins. Our selling price includes free, insured shipping and your satisfaction is guaranteed with a no-questions-asked 7-day return privilege.
Thanks for reading and to learn why we recommend PCGS graded coins over other services watch the PCGS Grading Process Video.
Our Most Popular PCGS Certified Gold Coins
Our Most Popular PCGS Certified Silver Coins
Our Most Popular Certified Silver Coins
|Walking Liberty Half Dollar|
|$ 50.00||$ 90.00||$140.00||$650.00|